Since 1972, Smart Companies has demonstrated a commitment to providing quality service, materials, and workmanship at a competitive price. Whether we are partnering with General Contractors or Property Managers, we understand what it takes to turn a quality product on time!
Today, Misty oversees everything from HR and finances, to final negotiations of contracts, to big-picture strategic planning. And she does it all the Smart way. That is, with the unwavering belief that you pave the way for tomorrow by restoring yesterday’s values — values that proved a simple handshake is worth more than a signature on a dotted line, and that the quality and service of a true family company will always speak for itself.
Misty enjoys her team of hard workers, and she loves visiting job sites and watching everything come together. On her free time, you might find her dabbling in massage therapy, or juggling her children as a mother.
One of a Thousand Book Program
It has always been a “Smart” tradition to give back. In honor of that tradition, in August of 2008 Smart Companies committed to a 1,000 book give away. Our hope was to create a floating library of sorts. We resolved that it did not matter whose hands these books landed in — only that someone would find joy with them and maybe pass them on.
As of January 2018, we passed the 10,000 book mark and are still going!
Smart Companies Awarded Golden Trowel Award
The Onion Creek Lodge No. 220 in Austin, Texas has awarded Allan Tolbert III the highest award a Lodge can bestow upon an individual member.
Friends of Scouting
For many years, Allan Tolbert has been a supporter of the Friends of Scouting and continues his support today. He was presented a badge in May 2006 by the Capital Area Council.
CHARITIES WE SUPPORT
We are keen believers in supporting causes that are important to our employees and partners and that align with our values. Do not hesitate to let us know of charitable organizations that you support.
Charities we have supported include:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- AM Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Amigos de las Américas – Austin Chapter
- Austin Children’s Shelter
- Austin Community Food Bank
- Austin Street Corner Arts Collective
- Battle For the Cure Foundation
- Ben Hur Shriners Hospital for Children
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic School
- Boy Scouts of America
- Capital Area Food Bank of Texas
- Children’s Wish Foundation International
- Chincoteague Food Pantry
- Concept Builders Turkey Drop
- Discovery House
- Doc & Gayle Young Food Drive
- Dress for Success Austin
- Ducks Unlimited
- Elgin Arts Association
- Foundation Communities
- Hospice Austin
- Houston Shelter
- Kiwanis Club of Elgin
- Knights Templar Eye Foundation, Inc.
- March of Dimes
- Marine Toys for Tots
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Meals on Wheels & More
- Multiple Sclerosis Association / MS150
- Nashville Rescue Mission-FLC-Hope
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Salvation Army
- Scottish Rite Dyslexia Center of Austin
- SpawGlass Foundation
- Special Olympics Texas
- The Friends of Franklin
- The National Children’s Cancer Society
- United Breast Cancer Foundation
- University Area Kiwanis
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- VFW Department of Texas
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Youth & Family Alliance