Our Core Values
Profit Relationships Integrity Dedication Innovation Family
Our Reason For Being
Put In Earnestly. Realize Abundantly. Have Fun Doing It.
It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.
― Napoleon Hill
Smart Painting $50 For 50
2022 marked Smart Painting’s 50th anniversary. Hard work, good fortune, and guidance from our Core Values brought Smart Painting 50 years of success.
In celebration of our anniversary, we partnered up into 4 teams with each team competing to raise money for their selected charity. The charities selected were: The Salvation Army, Make-A-Wish, NAMI, Texas 4000.
Update: We were raised over $20,000.00 for our selected charities. Thanks to all who helped us support these wonderful organizations.
One of a Thousand Book Program
It has always been a “Smart” tradition to give back. In honor of that tradition, in August of 2008 Smart Corporation, Inc. committed to a 1,000 book give away. Our hope was to create a floating library of sorts. We resolved that it did not matter whose hands these books landed in — only that someone would find joy with them and maybe pass them on.
As of January 2018, we passed the 10,000 book mark and are still going!
Our Founder Awarded Golden Trowel Award
The Onion Creek Lodge No. 220 in Austin, Texas has awarded Allan Tolbert III the highest award a Lodge can bestow upon an individual member.
Friends of Scouting
For many years, Allan Tolbert has been a supporter of the Friends of Scouting and continues his support today. He was presented a badge in May 2006 by the Capital Area Council.
Charities We Support
Giving back is one of the ways that we Profit from our work. Smart has given to numerous individuals and organizations over the years.
Charities we have supported include:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- AM Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Amigos de las Américas – Austin Chapter
- Austin Children’s Shelter
- Austin Community Food Bank
- Austin Street Corner Arts Collective
- Battle For the Cure Foundation
- Ben Hur Shriners Hospital for Children
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic School
- Boy Scouts of America
- Capital Area Food Bank of Texas
- Children’s Wish Foundation International
- Chincoteague Food Pantry
- Concept Builders Turkey Drop
- Discovery House
- Doc & Gayle Young Food Drive
- Dress for Success Austin
- Ducks Unlimited
- Elgin Arts Association
- Foundation Communities
- Hospice Austin
- Houston Shelter
- Kiwanis Club of Elgin
- Knights Templar Eye Foundation, Inc.
- March of Dimes
- Marine Toys for Tots
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Meals on Wheels & More
- Multiple Sclerosis Association / MS150
- Nashville Rescue Mission-FLC-Hope
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Salvation Army
- Scottish Rite Dyslexia Center of Austin
- SpawGlass Foundation
- Special Olympics Texas
- Texas 4000
- The Friends of Franklin
- The National Children’s Cancer Society
- United Breast Cancer Foundation
- University Area Kiwanis
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- VFW Department of Texas
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Youth & Family Alliance